Sunday, January 7, 2007

Mission Statement

For about a year now my better half, who resides at badmomgoodmom, has been urging me to write a blog. At home I love to spout off about the movies, arts and politics, and she probably thinks that if I blog about it, she'll no longer have to listen. Plus, if I have to communicate these ideas down in writing, perhaps they'll be better formed, or I'll just realize how idiotic they were to begin with, and spare everyone including my readership (which so far is just me).

The blog is titled Bad Dad because it will talk about what Dad is doing when he is being bad and neglecting family life or the house. Even the time spent blogging is a part of being Bad Dad. The passions I pursue as Bad Dad include bicycling, bike commuting, travel, the movies (including an embarrassingly large DVD collection), and omnivorous reading. Mostly, I'll be documenting these passions for myself, but it's a blog so everyone is welcome.

No comments: