Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The iPod

Santa brought me an iPod, and like all great devices that enrich our lives, it's been sucking all of my time away from useful enterprises. First, I had to convert our CD collection to MP3. Then I had to find a way to play the tunes in our car so we could have our whole collection along on every roadtrip. The cassette adapter was a disaster (terrible sound). Fortunately my friend Rich told me about a product by Blitzsafe, which hooks up to the CD changer port on your car stereo (there are different versions depending on your car make and model) It charges your iPod while it's hooked up and for twenty minutes after turning the motor off.

Our Toyota Sienna fit the hardware inside no problem; I just used some sticky back velcro to secure the Blitzsafe hardware to the top of the car stereo, and reattached the dashboard panels leaving the iPod cable sticking out. I only dropped one screw which will be rattling around in our Sienna for all eternity. My wife doesn't know I dropped the screw yet, but she'll find out next time she checks out the blog. The next and much simpler project is getting the iPod on our home audio system (an interim measure until we get a product like the just introduced Apple TV).

No comments: